Monday, March 15, 2010

Yep, I'm still alive...

Hey ladies. Sorry I have been MIA for the past couple of weeks. I will try to get you up to speed with what's up with me....

My laparoscopy was March 12th. The surgery was successful. My RE confirmed Stage II endometriosis and removed 1 rather large endometrioma. I don't know much else, and my post-op appointment is March 29th, where I guess all will be revealed. I am waivering back and forth on the notion of getting back in the game after I get the green light from my RE. But, right now, I am just enjoying being care free and not TTC'ing. My injuries from surgery are not sightly. I have provided a picture of my bruising around my belly button today for your viewing pleasure.



I also woke up Sunday to a very bad pulling pain in my right shoulder, by the rotator cuff. I went to see my RE today, and he thinks I need to see an orthopedic surgeon, b/c he believes whoever put me in the hospital bed off the OR bed must have hurt my shoulder somehow. Lucky me. I did manage to score some more pain meds, so I guess that is a silver lining.

Today is my last day off work, and I haven't done much, except some cleaning and starting and finishing Club Dead (awesome). I made it to my sorority alumnae group luncheon, and was elected VP/Treasurer. I was going to be President this year, but the original lady who was to be President is a lawyer, and since we need to become incorporated, etc, and she knows how to do that, we agreed she would set us up and run things this year, and I would take over next year. Hey, the less work the better, so I was cool with that. I've also been promoted from associate to active member in Pierrettes, my ladies Mardi Gras society, which means I can costume this year, vote, and serve on committees. I am super excited about it, b/c this is truly an honor since Pierrettes is the oldest women's Mardi Gras society still in existence in Mobile.I really feel like I am coming into my own in several aspects of my life, which is a comfort since I fall so short in the TTC category of things.

1 comment:

  1. That's great news about the alumni and Mardi Gras society positions! You're sure going to be a busy lady. I wish you the best, love. Hopefully the recovery is speedy and as painless as possible. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete