Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Goodbye, old friends

In preparation for my upcoming IVF cycle, I am once again quitting two vices I hold dear to my heart:



Yes, one of the luxuries I allotted myself in my time off was developing a nasty habit of drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, and going to a wine tasting with some friends of mine every Wednesday night at our local wine bar. Granted, I wasn't getting totally wired in the morning, and I wasn't getting sloshed at night (most of the time). I am also a bit concerned about the protein bar I eat in the morning containing chocolate. I might be going a bit overboard, but maybe I'm not.

I want to be totally and completely committed to doing everything in my power to make this work, since this is the only IVF cycle I will be able to do, aside from a FET (if we have enough embryos left) and that means nixing both of these bad habits.

You know, between 2004-2006, I went without any caffeine. Looking back on that time, I ask myself, how the hell did I do that? How did I have so much discipline in my early twenties, and none now?

So, I am totally open to suggestions on how to overcome this. So, lovely readers, if you have tips on how to beat the caffeine and hooch beast, I am all ears.

Until then, I am going to try to use the "eyes on the prize mentality."

1 comment:

  1. I switched to half-caf ( I don't know if you make your own coffee, but if you do, that's a pain in the ass) for like 2 weeks and then to de-caf, and then cut the amount I was drinking down. That helped me. My new addiction in the morning is OJ, so maybe try to replace it with something else in the morning?

    As far as the hooch, I have no suggestions. I think you just have to be tough... I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete