Monday, April 5, 2010

Helloooooooo out there!

Hello one and all!

So, yes I have been totally MIA, and for that, my ultra super emphatic apologies...again. Here's the skinny on me as of late...

-Last time we left jme, I was bowled over in pain post lap, asking for the strongest narcotic to get my nausea and just mere existence to be a blip of my unconscience. Well, turns out that I was allergic to Loritab. Who'd a thunk it, huh? So, after a switch to Darvocet, I was back to my usual self.

-At my baseline u/s post lap, everything looked beautiful, so after some convincing from Mr. jme, I decided to give one try at Follistim + IUI + Progesterone post lap. Things went well, and within 10 days, I had 5 MATURE FOLLICLES. I couldn't believe it! It was time to trigger Friday, and not once, but twice, did my RE and nurses give me the "You're at high risk for multiples" speech. It was a tad scary. but I am ready!

We triggered Friday, and on Saturday, 32 million sperm at 89% motility was inserted in my ute to attack those 5 eggs. Now, all prayers and wishes that at least one of those bad boys will fertilize and stick.

I feel more hopeful than ever. Why? Because, A. I feel with my lap being a success (4 endometrioma removed, all clear), my 5 eggs and "perfect bloodwork," per my RE, I have never had nor may I ever have a better shot at getting pregnant. I am excited at the prospect that if this cycle works, my due date would be Christmas Day. But, most importantly, I am hopeful because if this cycle doesn't work, I have plans for my life until I can try again January/February 2011. I have gotten some calls from recruiters with different career opportunities, so if I am not pregnant, I plan on taking control of that job I loathe so much and getting something else that can make my life a bit more cheerful. So, either way, I'm good and I have a plan.

So, nothing to do now, but sit and wait.....Beta # 1 is April 16th at 7:45 AM CST....

1 comment: